Submission of Portfolio
Applicants for the following programmes must submit a portfolio:
Programmes TU975 (Interior Design), TU973 (Design – Visual Communication), TU974 (Fine Art), TU976 (Photography) and TU795 (Visual Merchandising & Display)
Before you arrive
It is vital that you clearly identify your portfolio by securely attaching this form, ensuring it is clearly visible on the outside of your portfolio cover: PDF Doc
|Receipt / Collection Slip||Portfolio Submission & Collection 2020|
This will help to identify your portfolio at all stages during the review and also the safe return of your portfolio.
Please ensure your portfolio is securely bound.
Submission / Collection Details (2020)
|Dates:||Tuesday 3rd & Wednesday 4th March 2020|
|Submission Times:||9.30am - 12.30pm & 1.30pm - 3.30pm each day|
Same day collection. Time will be advised upon submission
|Location:||TU Dublin, North House, Lower Grangegorman Road|
|Directions:||Plan your Route / Map|
Evaluation Criteria - PROGRAMMES: TU975 | TU973 | TU974 | TU795
The portfolio is used to review the applicant’s potential to benefit from and contribute to the programme(s) chosen with regard to the following evaluation criteria:
- Evidence of Drawing ability should be demonstrated through:
- Examples of freehand, observation and/or technical drawing
- Use of colour and texture
- Variety of subject and media
- Evidence of Practical ability should be demonstrated through:
- Skills in visualisation (3D and 2D)
- Quality of presentation
- Control over media
- Evidence of Conceptual ability should be demonstrated through:
- Idea generation
- Imagination and creativity
The maximum portfolio score is 600 points. Applicants must obtain a minimum score of 200 points to be considered for TU975 (Interior Design), TU973 (Design – Visual Communication) and TU974 (Fine Art).
The portfolio should contain no more than 20 pieces of work made by the applicant in a range of media. This might include paintings, drawings, sketches, note books, sketch books, collages, photographs and computer outputs (do not submit CDs, or zips). Submit only photographs of 3-dimensional or delicate work. Do not submit work that has been framed or mounted behind glass.
Please arrange the contents in an orderly and accessible manner in a secure folder. While all care will be taken, the school cannot be held responsible for damage or loss of work during the review process or for portfolios not collected by the due date.
Failure to submit a portfolio will render an applicant ineligible for any of the above programmes. Portfolios received after the above submission dates will not be reviewed.
Portfolios should be securely bound and clearly identified with name, address and CAO number.
The decision of the review panels will be final.
Evaluation Criteria - PROGRAMME: TU976 PHOTOGRAPHY
The portfolio is used to review the applicant’s potential to benefit from and contribute to the programme chosen with regard to the following evaluation criteria:
1. Evidence of ability to communicate ideas in single images, series, or completed projects will be illustrated through:
- Ability to juxtapose elements within image(s) to generate meaning
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and effectively throughout portfolio
- Treatment of subject, media and control of context
2. Evidence of technical & practical ability will be illustrated through:
- Project realisation and application of technologies
- Quality presentation
- Control of media
3. Evidence of creative ability will be illustrated through:
- Experimentation with technique(s)
- Innovative and creative use of media
- Composition, form, layout & presentation
- The maximum portfolio score is 600 points. Applicants must obtain a minimum score of 300 points to be considered for TU976 (Photography).
- Your photographic portfolio should consist of 15-20 images and should be no larger than A1 in size. The portfolio should be well presented and organized, with the images sequenced from beginning to end in a considered manner. A printed sheet at either the front or the back of the portfolio should provide image titles and contextual information if appropriate.
- Any images completed for art and/or design projects that further demonstrate your interest in image making may also be included. Workbooks or journals that inform the portfolio may be submitted.
- Please arrange the contents in an orderly and accessible manner in a secure folder. While all care will be taken, the school cannot be held responsible for damage or loss of work during the review process or for portfolios not collected by the due date.
- Failure to submit a portfolio will render an applicant ineligible for the above programme. Portfolios received after the above submission date will not be reviewed.
- Portfolios should be securely bound and clearly identified with name, address and CAO number.
- The decision of the review panels will be final.
Maximum & Minimum Scores:
|Programmes||Maximum Score||Minimum Score|
|TU975, TU973, TU973||600 points||200 points|
|TU976||600 points||300 points|
Mature or international candidates who are short-listed may also be interviewed. Applicants with an equivalent qualification or significant appropriate experience will also be considered and interviewed.
The decision of the review panels will be final.
|Submission / Collection / Portfolio Queries:||
Dublin School of Creative Arts
T: (01) 402 4138
|Photography Queries only||
School of Media
|Score Queries only||
T: (01) 402 3445