Sept 2020 – Grangegorman Campus
2019 CAO Points - 251
|If any applicant has a medically diagnosed food allergy (note; not an intolerance), this programme is not recommended.|
If you wish to pursue a career in the food industry, this two-year programme will give you a solid grounding in the areas of food management, entrepreneurship, culinary practice, food innovation, food retail management and customer care. It will set you on your way to an entry-level management role.
This two-year, full-time programme incorporates food retail business and culinary arts practical classes to help develop the knowledge and skills you need to enter a career in the wider food industries.
Its overall aim is to produce graduates capable of working effectively in all food-related businesses in entry-level management roles or other food-related positions. You’ll develop deep understanding and knowledge in food business and management and culinary practice.
Subjects covered include food management, entrepreneurship, culinary practice, food innovation, food retail management and customer care.
Modules relating to an entrepreneurial role include Retail Food Cost Control & Finance, Marketing, Management Principles, Culinary Operations Management, Human Resource Management, Product Theory & Food Innovation, Retail Food - Commercial Restaurant/Cafe Operations in Culinary Retail, Retail Beverage Operations, and Enterprise Development.
The programme reflects the needs of the dynamic and competitive food industry, which requires graduates with management skills that combine professional, entrepreneurial and strategic approaches.
Depending on performance, you can apply for advanced entry to our Culinary Entrepreneurship in Year 2 or Year 3.
On graduation, you’ll be equipped to progress to honours degree programmes in TU Dublin.
The programme opens many career path opportunities in the wider food industries including: Food entrepreneurship; fresh food retail management; food promotion; food distribution (import and exports), event catering, and, food and beverage brand management or in the hospitality industry. In addition graduates can focus on the growing Agribusiness sector as a career choice.
- Food Commodities
- Retail Food
- Foundation Kitchen
- Retail Beverage Operations
- Retail Food Cost Control & Finance
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Nutrition and Diet Therapy
- Hygiene and HACCP
- Applied Communications & Customer Care Management
- Retail Food - Retail Del Counter Kitchen Skills
- Management Principles
- Culinary Operations Management
- Human Resource Management
- Culinary Information Systems
- Product Theory & Food Innovation
- Meat Technology
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Retail Food - Commercial Restaurant/Cafe Operations in Culinary Retail
- Retail Beverage Operations
- Introduction to Legal Studies for Licensed Premises
- Enterprise Development
- Applied Retail Food Marketing
- Retail Food - Retail Bakery & Delicatessen Breads, Cakes & Desserts