Appropriate Higher Certificate in Science in Computing (NFQ Level 6) or equivalent. In the event of a student not attaining this standard level, students must achieve an acceptable standard for progression by other means approved by the QQI. The acceptance of candidates with appropriate work experience and industrial certification on this course will be allowed provided there is evidence that the candidate can cope with the learning objectives of the course.
This Bachelor of Science in Computing in Cloud Enterprise Architecture was designed in collaboration with ICT Skillnet and Industry. The programme aims to address current industry qualification, skills and knowledge shortfalls in the ICT sector, by producing graduates with a combination of technological know-how, creative problem solving skills, and professional understanding and competence to function in IT dependent organisations
The primary objectives of the programme are to produce graduates who:
- Have the necessary skills to design, install, configure and operate different components of Cloud systems and to and apply appropriate critical and practical design skills to their work.
- Are able to recognise the opportunities and limitations of Cloud systems, their implementation platforms, and how these tie in with organisation objectives. They will possess knowledge of new and emerging technologies and a close familiarity with best practice and emerging trends in the profession.
- Are able to apply detailed working knowledge of project management, lifecycle development, and other professional practices to their work in the development of solutions, including their role in project teams and that of other colleagues at a mid to senior level.
- Can work effectively as individuals, in teams and in multidisciplinary settings by communicating effectively with other professionals working in the information technology community, such as computer scientists, marketing specialists, business managers, and information security specialists.
- Have adequate interpersonal and professional skills to work within a business environment, understanding the requirements of modern industrial organisations.
- Will be able to pursue Continuing Professional Development (CPD), demonstrating a capacity to undertake lifelong learning.
- Network Programming
- Enterprise Routing and Switching
- Cloud Architecture
- Network Function Virtualisation
- Software Defined Networking
- Group Project
- Monday 6pm - 10pm
- Wednesday 6pm - 10pm
Course commences in January 2021; Application date TBC, please check back in October.
Before making your application and paying the non-refundable €50 application fee please read the following guidelines. https://tudublin.ie/study/part-time/how-to-apply/