Do you like working with your hands? Have you thought about doing an apprenticeship? Are you a young woman between the ages of 16 – 24 years old? If you answered yes to all of those questions, then our Try a Trade event on Thursday, 24 October is a must for you.
The Access to Apprenticeship team is hosting a 'Try a Trade' workshop for young women aged 16-24 on Thursday, 24 October from 9.30 am to 1:30 pm in the Linenhall. This free event provides interested young women with an opportunity to 'have a go' at craft-based apprenticeships. The activities are interactive, informative, and offer interested participants access to some of the necessary skills involved in Plumbing and Woodcraft apprenticeships.
The ‘Try a Trade’ event will:
- Offer an engaging hands-on experience,
- Provide information on career paths in craft apprenticeships,
- Encourage participants to appreciate that skill education and training offers real choices for the future,
- Allow participants to meet and talk with trade professionals,
- Provide information on TU Dublin’s innovative Access to Apprenticeship Programme.
Venue: TU Dublin - Linenhall Henrietta Pl, Northside, Dublin, D07 Y4C0
Date: Thursday, 24 October
Time: 9.30 a.m. – 1.30 p.m.
Register: For further information or to register for a place, please email Therese Fitzgerald accesstoapprenticeship@TUDublin.ie or phone on (086) 013 6965.
Are you interested in reading more about our Access to Apprenticeship programme? Read Megan and Mollie's story here.