All TU Dublin staff will be moving to the Microsoft Office 365 Platform during the summer months. In addition to a new @TUDublin.ie email address, this platform will also provide access to the range of Microsoft Office 365 online collaboration tools.
The migration of all staff email accounts to the new platform will be completed by the beginning of the new academic year.Before the date on which your account is to be migrated, you will receive clear instructions on what you need to do and if required, Support will be available to help you with this transition.
So what happens next?
- Approximately 7 days before the date on which your email account is due to migrate to the new platform, you will receive an email alert from Email.Migration@TUDublin.ie. This email will contain links to training and information materials so that you are aware of what is involved in this migration. As always, please be vigilant when accessing links and opening emails from any unknown sender.
- 3 days before your scheduled migration date, you will receive a second email from Email.Migration@TUDublin.ie with more detailed instructions and support details.
- On the day your account is scheduled to migrate, you will receive a further email to ensure your account has been successfully migrated and all is working as it should be. This final email will also come from Email.Migration@TUDublin.ie.
- Once your email account has migrated, you will receive a ‘Welcome’ email to your new @TUDublin.ie email account giving your further information and tips on how to get the best from Microsoft Office 365.
How can I prepare to Go Live?
- Register with TUDublin.ie password.Once staff are registered they will be able to change their expired password or reset their forgotten password.The self service password reset enables staff to have 24/7 acccess to manage their network logins and is requirment for all TUDublin staff.
- Some browser settings store either your personal email or your old staff email address and automatically log you back into your previous browser session. It is important to check which browser user account you are logged in as.To ensure your account logs in as the @tudublin account, a simple method is to log in as incognito mode.Open up google chrome and press ctrl + shift + n and then proceed to office.com
- We recommend that iPhone users install the latest IOS software version on their iPhone if you want to access Outlook on your mobile phone and Android mobile phones will need to be on version 7 or above. This will help to reduce any outage time as software updates on mobile phones can take a bit of time.
What information is available?
In addition to the instructions, hints and tips you will receive directly by email we have also prepared a number of User Guides and FAQ below:
- User guide for setting up Microsoft Office 365
- User guide for accessing Outlook via Office Web Application (OWA)
- User guide for One Drive
- Outlook Desktop Quick Start Guide
- Shared Calendars Quick Start Guide
- Shared Mailbox Quick Start Guide
- User guide for Outlook on Android mobile
- User guide for Outlook on iPhone
- User guide for Skype and Polycom Handset Sign In Process (City Campus)
We are also scheduling information sessions and details will be published here shortly.
Can I also attend face-to-face training?
Yes face-to-face training sessions are being arranged for those that wish to attend and a schedule with locations, times and dates will be published here shortly.
Who can I contact if I need additional support?
If you have any questions or difficulties, please contact your Support Desk in the usual way.
If you have any questions about the project, please email us at Email.Project@TUDublin.ie